Its hard to believe its that time of year again – the coveted Xchanges Annual General Meeting – when we get together to review the year’s challenges and achievements, get a sneak peak of the year ahead, elect a new board, renew our memberships, and recruit some new volunteers.
When: Sunday, April 23, 2023
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: HYBRID – in-person at Xchanges and via Zoom
For any members who cannot attend, please send your nominations or questions in via email. If you are not a member yet, there is still time. Please register here: https://xchangesgallery.org/join-today/
OTHER INFO LINKS:
Last year’s President’s Report can be found here.
Please review the Xchanges website About page for background.
ZOOM LINK – TO ATTEND: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIocuurrTkrG9MAPjMt_j5FY0V7C_anHeev
- Call to order, land acknowledgement
- Minutes from the last Annual General Meeting
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report, presentation of Financial Statements for F’22/23 and budget for F’23/24
- Gallery Coordinator Report
- Board Election and Call for Volunteers
- Members’ Open Table
- Motion to Adjourn
Nominations and Election of Board Executive and Directors for 2023/24
Condition for nominations for all positions:
Please send your nominations in via email to email@example.com,
Subject: Board Nomination, AGM 2023
Participation on the board:
- Minimum of 1 meeting per month, 2 hours
- Other work outside of board meetings includes reviewing documents or information on email, decisions via email, committee or working group meetings, 2 -20 hours or more per month depending on role and tasks
- Board members should not be absent without other forms of participation for more than 2 meetings in a row
- All board members can participate/contribute remotely via Zoom
Board and Committees:
There are a number of positions to fill on the board and in particular we are looking for volunteers to provide leadership, expertise, and helping hands in a variety of areas including legal, financial and fundraising, marketing/PR/social media, volunteer coordination, project management, community engagement, business management and more.
President – Heidi Bergstrom (Re-election).
Vice President – Vacant
Treasurer – Jillan Valpy (Re-election)
Secretary – Christine Scott (Re-Election)
Director, Gallery Coordinator – Cindy Wright (Stepping Down)
Director, Assistant Gallery Coordinator – vacant
Director, Communication and Publicity – Johanna Kendall (Re-election)
Director, Studio Coordinator, German Mackenzie (Re-election)
Directors at large (act as additional voting members of the Board of Directors and have most of the same rights and powers other directors do. However, they do not fulfill any of the officer roles on the Board, but may take on tasks or other duties.)
Director – Gregory Varano (Re-election)
Advisors to the Board
Other Directors and Advisors may be nominated in addition to the slate above.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the AGM!
Leave a Reply