Click Here for General Information about in-person and online sessions
Xchanges offers a combination of weekly in-person life drawing sessions. These sessions have a maximum of 12–14 participants in the gallery with the model.
In Person Life Drawing is open to anyone in the community – members and non-members alike are welcome. Sessions are currently held on Monday nights from 7-9pm and Wednesday mornings from 10am-12pm (long pose session 2 weeks in a row with the same pose). Fees are $15 and members can use a 20% discount code at the online store or at the door.
These are non-instructed sessions; all experience levels are welcome. It’s a great place to meet other artists and hone your figurative skills in a supportive and creative environment.
In-person sessions are held in the gallery. Drawing boards, donkeys, and sculpture stands are provided. Participants provide their own drawing and art materials.
Space for drop in participants is limited; participants are encouraged to pre-register online via the Xchanges Square store to ensure a seat.
Cash payments are not permitted; all registrations should be done through the online store or though the Square POS terminal at Xchanges (use Tap for debit or credit card transactions). All registrations are sold on a first come first serve basis. To reserve a seat at an upcoming session, visit our Square Online Store.
Wednesday Drop-in Program (April 2023): as of April 5th, 2023, Life Drawing facilitators will be able to take debit and credit card payment via a Square POS terminal at the beginning of the session. Drop-in payment will only be accepted for Wednesday morning session for the time being. For more information, please see our blog post about the program.
Xchanges is constantly monitoring and re-evaluating our Health and Safety Protocols for Life Drawing:
- If you are feeling sick or have symptoms of Covid-19 or any other respiratory illness, please stay home
- If you have already pre-registered online, and have to miss a session due to illness, email xchangesgallery [at] gmail.com prior to the session to reschedule
- Masks are now optional.
- Participants and models are not required to have a vaccine.
- Remember to respect other people’s space and comfort levels.
- Facilitators will continue to keep the windows open for ventilation as the weather permits.
- Food is not permitted in the gallery and we ask that you step outside if you need to grab a bite to eat
Participants are encouraged to share or post their drawings and art resulting from the life drawing sessions on our Facebook page or send to us to post on our Instagram! We can also create new blog posts right here on our site so send those images in todayto our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xchanges gratefully acknowledges the Government of British Columbia and the CRD Arts & Culture Support Service.
Thank you to our Sponsors!