Click Here for General Information about in-person and online sessions
Xchanges offers a combination of weekly in-person and online life drawing sessions. These sessions have a maximum of 12–14 participants in the gallery with the model and unlimited online Zoom participants.
In Person and Online Life Drawing is open to anyone in the community – members and non-members alike are welcome. If you have any concerns about group gatherings or our in-person sessions are full, online is a great option too!
These are non-instructed sessions; all experience levels are welcome. It’s a great place to meet other artists and hone your figurative skills in a supportive and creative environment.
In-person sessions are held in the gallery. Drawing boards, donkeys, and sculpture stands are provided. Participants provide their own drawing and art materials.
All sessions have a maximum of 12 participants. Space for drop in participants is limited; participants are encouraged to pre-register online via the Xchanges Square store to ensure a seat.
Cash payments are not permitted; all registrations should be done through the online store or though the Square POS terminal at Xchanges. All registrations are sold on a first come first serve basis. To reserve a seat at an upcoming session, visit our Square Online Store.
Wednesday Drop-in Program (April 2023): as of April 5th, 2023, Life Drawing facilitators will be able to take debit and credit card payment via a Square POS terminal at the beginning of the session. Drop-in payment will only be accepted for Wednesday morning session for the time being. For more information, please see our blog post about the program.
Xchanges is constantly monitoring and re-evaluating our Health and Safety Protocols for Life Drawing:
- If you are feeling sick or have symptoms of Covid-19 or any other respiratory illness, please stay home
- If you have already pre-registered online, and have to miss a session due to illness, email xchangesgallery [at] gmail.com prior to the session to reschedule
- Hybrid sessions are only $5, incase you are recovering from illness or would prefer to join from home
- Xchanges is still requiring face masks to be worn while inside the facilities and throughout the duration of sessions
- Wearing masks, washing/sanitizing your hands, and maintaining physical distancing are proven to be effective measures at significantly reducing the risk of spreading airborne diseases, including Covid-19
- At this time, Xchanges gallery will continue to require that life drawing models are fully vaccinated; we also encourage all participants and facilitators to get vaccinated, including getting their booster and flu shot during influenza seasons
- Remember to respect other people’s space and comfort levels—maintain 2 meters (6 feet) of distance where possible; we will continue to limit the in-person sessions to a maximum of 12 participants + 2 facilitators + model
- Facilitators will continue to keep the windows open for ventilation as the weather permits
- Food is not permitted in the gallery and we ask that you step outside if you need to grab a bite to eat
Click Here for Fees & Participation Details
How It Works
Registration and payment in advance is required using our Online Store.
You will be added to our weekly email with the Zoom link which is also available on the online store. The Facilitators will confirm you have paid in advance of joining the session. If you have not paid, you will be given the link to the online store and once paid you can rejoin the meeting.
All sessions are subject to minimum registrations. Early registration is recommended. Participants will be notified as soon as possible if it must be cancelled due to insufficient registration. All registration fees are non-refundable unless a session is cancelled. Any payments received will be refunded or can be applied to a future session.
The meeting rooms will be open for 15 minutes before the session begins to allow participants to set up and for those online to login in and review the House Keeping and Codes of Conduct information. All sessions will be moderated by an Xchanges Life Drawing Facilitators both In Person and Online.
During the break and at the end of the session, participants may choose to share their work and turn their video or audio on to chat with others online and in the room to introduce themselves. The Facilitators will help enable this interaction and orient participants to the tools.
Xchanges runs special projects for life drawing including exhibitions at the Gallery and online. All participants are welcome to join these activities when available.
Life Drawing Codes of Conduct
Gallery In-Person Participants
Updated Policy Coming Soon!
- Recording or photogaphy of any kind is not allowed during the session to protect the privacy of our models and other participants.
- Online Life Drawing sessions are conducted using Zoom. You do not have to have a Zoom Account to participate. Please visit Zoom online to learn more about this service.
- Please ensure your screen is not accessible to others in your house or studio – especially minors under 18 years of age.
- All participants must share their video and audio and check-in at the beginning of the session.
Mondays 7 – 9 pm
In-person at the gallery and online—$15 in person, $5 online
Note: Please arrive early—doors will be locked at 6:55 p.m.
Male & female models. Gestures to 20-minute poses.
Life Drawing/Painting LONG POSE
Wednesday Mornings 10 am – 12 pm
In-person at the gallery and online—$15 in person, $5 online
Male and female models hold the same pose for 2 weeks in a row.
Participants are encouraged to share or post their drawings and art resulting from the life drawing sessions on our Facebook page or send to us to post on our Instagram! We can also create new blog posts right here on our site so send those images in todayto our email: email@example.com.
Xchanges gratefully acknowledges the Government of British Columbia and the CRD Arts & Culture Support Service.
Thank you to our Sponsors!