Its hard to believe its that time of year again – the coveted Xchanges Annual General Meeting – when we get together to review the year’s challenges and achievements, get a sneak peak of the year ahead, elect a new board, and recruit some new volunteers.
When: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Location: Zoom link below
This is an extremely special AGM – perhaps unprecedented in Xchanges history. We will be announcing a major Canada Council grant for Xchanges which we just learned about – the exact dollar value to be announced, but it is HUGE and will have a significant positive impact for up to 15 local artists and 3 curators. A guessing game at the AGM will liven things up and of course, prizes from Opus Art Supplies, so come out and make a toast with us and win some super cool art stuff – we can’t wait to see you!!!
So, here is the Agenda and information:
For any members who cannot attend, please send your nominations or questions in via the email. If you are not a member yet, there is still time. Please register here: https://xchangesgallery.org/join-today/
Since it was such a big hit last year, there will be some very cool Opus draws and gifts – at least 3 so you have a great chance of winning something!
We have created Google Drive folder for AGM files which you should all be able to access here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16s8Wdfv2U1tw1xdobshvg2PEkCNnU8ig?usp=sharing
Please test this link now and let us know if you can’t access it. The folder contains the AGM Agenda Draft for now. Reports and information will be loaded here as well.
OTHER INFO LINKS:
Last year’s President’s Report can be found here.
Please review the Xchanges website About page for background.
ZOOM LINK – TO ATTEND
- Call to order, land acknowledgement
- Minutes from the last Annual General Meeting
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report, presentation of Financial Statements for F’20/21 and budget for F’22/23
- Gallery Coordinator Report
- Board Election and Call for Volunteers
- Motion to change the By Laws, Quorum number required to pass decisions in a meeting from 6 to 5.
- Members’ Open Table
- Motion to Adjourn
Nominations and Election of Board Executive and Directors for 2022/23
Condition for nominations for all positions:
Please send your nominations in via email to email@example.com,
Subject: Board Nomination, AGM 2022
Participation on the board:
- Minimum of 1 meeting per month, 2 hours
- Other work outside of board meetings includes reviewing documents or information on email, decisions via email, committee or working group meetings, 2 -20 hours or more per month depending on role and tasks
- Board members should not be absent without other forms of participation for more than 2 meetings in a row
- All board members can participate/contribute remotely via Zoom
Board and Committee wish list:
There are a number of positions to fill on the board and in particular we are looking for volunteers to provide leadership, expertise, and helping hands in a variety of areas including legal, financial and fundraising, marketing/PR/social media, volunteer coordination, project management, community engagement, business management and more.
President – Heidi Bergstrom (Re-election).
Vice President – Andrea Eggenberger
Treasurer – Jillan Valpy (Re-election)
Secretary – Vacant
Director, Gallery Coordinator – Cindy Wright (Re-election)
Director, Assistant Gallery Coordinator – Jessica Dearman (stepping down)
Director – Gregory Varano (Re-election)
Director, Publicity – Shannon Holms (stepped down)
Director, Studio Coordinator, Vacant
Advisors to the Board
Other Directors and Advisors may be nominated in addition to the slate above.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the AGM!