Xchanges is now accepting submissions for our 2019–2020 Gallery Programming.
DEADLINE FEBRUARY 15th, 2019.
Artists and curators from Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands are invited to submit proposals for Xchanges’ next Gallery season. Xchanges programming supports a range of visual arts mediums with a particular interest in exhibiting the diverse practices of artists in the early stages of their career and those who have taken a new departure with their work.
Complete submissions must include the following
- COVER LETTER (1 page maximum)
(including artist’s information: name, email address, phone number, & mailing address)
- PROPOSAL SUMMARY (50 words maximum)
- CURRICULUM VITAE (2 pages maximum)
- ARTIST’S STATEMENT (1 page maximum)
- EXHIBITION PROPOSAL (1 page maximum, including any special requirements)
- ARTIST’S BIO (150 words maximum)
- 8–10 JPEGS (or audio /visual performances)
(Format Requirements: 500KB–1MB, 72 dpi, 1024 x 768)
* NOTE: All JPEGS and A/V performances MUST be labeled using the following format:
Sequence #, First Initial, Last Name; Title; Year Produced
- IMAGE LIST
(Including: SEQUENCE#; FIRST INITIAL, LAST NAME; TITLE; DIMENSIONS; MEDIUM; YEAR)
- Xchanges Gallery currently has exhibitions booked through September 2019.
- Selected artists are expected to install their own work and required to sit the Gallery for the three weekends of their show.
- After their exhibition artists are required to restore the exhibition space and walls to pre-exhibition condition.
- Artists who have participated in an exhibition at Xchanges within the two years prior are not eligible for the 2019-2020 season although they are eligible to participate in a group exhibition.
- The gallery floor space is used for other purposes during times when exhibitions are not open to the public. Please note that anything that is not fixed to the walls will be moved and should be easily movable.
- Xchanges Gallery offers a small honorarium per exhibition.
- Xchanges does not return submissions and will dispose of material appropriately.
- The gallery jury committee will review all proposals submitted. Additional material will not be reviewed.
- Please review the above checklist. Only complete email submissions will be accepted.
PLEASE SEND COMPLETE PROPOSALS AND ANY INQUIRIES VIA EMAIL to:
with the SUBJECT HEADING: Exhibition Proposal 2019–2020